Evan is an experienced software developer with more than 12 years experience. Opinionated, artistic, and enjoying a challenge; Evan loves reducing difficult problems to simplistic and beautiful solutions. Evan is currently a open-source software engineer on Microsoft's Commercial Software Engineering team working on all things Kubernetes, Docker, and Azure.
- Distributed: Kubernetes, Docker, Databricks/Apache Spark, Istio, Traefik, etcd, Apache ZooKeeper, MPI
- Clojure(Script): Ring, HTTP-kit, Reagent + re-frame, Rum + Citrus, Re-Natal, Datomic, DataScript
- .NET: C#, F#, ASP.NET, Blazor, Giraffe, Fable, Elmish
- Go: Operator Framework, Hugo, Cobra, Gin, Fiber
- Elm: Elm Architecture
- PHP: Symfony, WordPress, CraftCMS
- Database/KV Store: Azure Cosmos DB, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, SQLite, Redis, Entity Framework
- Web Development: Azure, Webpack, Babel, HTML5/CSS3, SASS, Progressive Web Apps
Kubernetes, Docker, Azure, TypeScript (React, Redux, Electron), C#, F#, Go
- Develop OSS frameworks/solutions and research repeatable patterns to operationalize customer workloads on Azure.
- Code with Microsoft customer engineers to help bring their ideas from inception to operationalization on Azure.
- Co-lead development of Project Bedrock.
- Lead developer of Project Fabrikate.
- Contributor to the Azure API for FHIR.
- Contributor to the Microsoft DICOM Server.
- Contributor to VoTT: An electron app for building end to end Object Detection Models from Images and Videos.
- Assist Microsoft partners in lift/shifts from on-premise to hybrid or full-cloud based architectures.
- Developed visualizations for COVID-19 prevalence detection models.
- Develop ETL pipelines for managing petabytes of data in both cloud and hybrid-cloud architectures.
- Develop MLOps pipelines across Kubernetes, Databricks, and Azure Functions which handle all aspects from data ingestion, tagging, training, and inference.
- Develop data pipeline solutions with Spark to collate data from globally distributed IoT devices.
- Develop and maintain Microsoft open source projects.
- Architect and develop custom solutions with Microsoft partners on Azure.
PHP (Symfony, Yii), TypeScript (Node.js, React, Redux, jQuery)
- Developed/Designed component based page builder for Hootsuite editors.
- Developed Darklaunch/Gatekeeper system for targeted demographic page rendering.
- Developer and maintainer of Hootsuite CMS.
- Developed portal to automate scanning/tracking of open-source code usage and license conflicts.
- Developed open-source vulnerability database and search engine.
- Audited third party open-source licenses to assure compliance with SAP commercial usage.
- Developed back-end inventory system which tracks stock inventory and purchasing trends.
- Administrated Linux (CentOS) and Windows (Server 2008) servers.
- Managed network infrastructure.
Kubernetes/Docker, Azure, Clojure(Script), F#, Go, TypeScript (React, Redux, Next.js)
- Requirements gathering and project planning.
- Architecture and design.
- Full-stack development.
Kubernetes/Docker, Azure, Clojure(Script), Elm, F#, Go, TypeScript (React, Next.js, Deno), PHP (WordPress, CraftCMS)
- Azure consultant specializing in highly available distributed systems.
- Give guidance on migrations towards containerized infrastructures.
- Architect micro-service ecosystems.
- General full stack web development.
- SEO Optimization, Google AMP and Analytics deployment.